A service-driven paper and packaging products company, Atlantic Packaging has grown to become one of Canada’s largest paper manufacturers and a leading producer of packaging products. Our organization employs approximately 1000 people at eight manufacturing plants and four distribution centers.
We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic at our Brampton facility. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the licensed Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the routine preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of equipment and machinery to optimize safety, quality, efficiencies and reliability.
- Perform routine servicing, troubleshooting and repair of equipment and machinery to optimize safety and quality and increase production efficiencies.
- Visually and physically inspect equipment and machinery; check for source of any problems that may occur from day to day.
- Ensure safe operation of plant machinery and mechanical equipment completing preventive maintenance tasks as assigned
- Remove defective parts; dismantle using hand and power tools, hoists, cranes, and other equipment as necessary. Make necessary repairs to machinery and equipment in an efficient manner.
- Fabricate/repair parts using machine shop instruments and equipment, when possible.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information answering questions and requests.
- Keep all tools and equipment in a safe and operational manner.
- Verify that any work performed is satisfactory and complete.
- Work in a safe manner ensuring all safety procedures are followed. Ensure compliance with legislation (OHSA) and technical standards.
- Report any issues to supervisor or lead hand immediately.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety and housekeeping practices, and use of personal protective equipment.
- A valid Industrial Maintenance Mechanic 433A certificate is a prerequisite
- Proven experience within a manufacturing or industrial environment is a requirement
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skill is a requirement with sound knowledge of technical standards and legislation
- Willing to work rotating 8 hour shifts (2 weeks days, 2 weeks afternoons, 2 weeks nights) and overtime as required
Atlantic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.