A service-driven paper and packaging products company, Atlantic Packaging has grown to become one of Canada’s largest paper manufacturers and a leading producer of packaging products. Our organization employs approximately 1000 people at eight manufacturing plants and four distribution centers.
We are looking for a Plant Electrician at our Brampton facility. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the licensed Plant Electrician – 442A is responsible for the routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of manufacturing and production equipment to optimize operational efficiencies, equipment reliability, safety and quality.
- Routine preventative maintenance of high speed production equipment
- Troubleshooting and repair manufacturing and production equipment to minimize line downtime and optimize production quality and efficiencies
- Carry out PLC troubleshooting and programming changes as required
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and completed assigned work orders according to PM schedules to improve equipment efficiency, reliability and safety
- Involved with equipment installations and modifications as required
- Work in a safe manner ensuring all safety procedures are followed ensuring compliance with legislation and technical standards.
- Report any issues to supervisor or lead hand immediately.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety and housekeeping practices, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Adhere to food safety and GMP requirements while performing maintenance tasks to ensure safety and quality
- Other duties as assigned
- A valid Industrial Electrician - 442A license is a prerequisite
- Prior experience as an Electrician within a manufacturing environment;
- Strong PLC troubleshooting and programming skills including strong understanding of electronics and instrumentation
- Strong communication and team skills are required including the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work 8 hour rotating shifts (4 weeks days, 2 weeks nights, 2 weeks afternoons) and overtime as required to meet business needs
Atlantic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.