A service-driven paper and packaging products company, Atlantic Packaging has grown to become one of Canada’s largest paper manufacturers and a leading producer of packaging products. Our organization employs approximately 1000 people at eight manufacturing plants and four distribution centers.
We are currently looking to hire Stacker Operators at our Brampton Corrugated Facility.
Reporting to the Corrugator Supervisor, the Stacker Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the corrugator stacker equipment to optimize safety, quality, productivity and waste reduction and to achieve operational targets.
- Responsible for monitoring the automatic functions of the stacker equipment and makes manual adjustments when necessary
- Working safety in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures and OHS legislation; wear prescribed PPE and report all hazards to supervision
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and follow work instructions of the Lead Hand inorder to set up and run equipment safely and efficiently
- Forming loads of corrugate sheets after paper has been slit, scored and cut to length including placing tags on each load and placing bottom sheets to protect and stabilize the product
- Performing routine quality checks according to customer specifications such as board quality, sheet and score dimensions and board caliper, and identify/report any non-conformances
- Maintain good housekeeping practices and following food safety protocols and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Back up for the position is Converting Assistant or Unitizer
- Follow Company rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or related experience and/or training;
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Able to perform the physical demands of the position are a prerequisite
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a prerequisite
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts – nights, afternoons, days
- Team Player
- Self starter
Atlantic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.